He served in machine gun troop in Czechoslovakia. In 1942, when he wounded for the first time, he didn't go to home to sleep, instead, he was working in school. After healed, he went to war again.
He hit by shrapnel, a bullet is shot into his arm, on the top of it, he got post-concussion syndrome. After war, he couldn't sleep because of nightmares.
After the war is over, he graduated from institute and became a teacher. He was a teacher until he died in 1990.
My surname comes from his name.
Me and my Jewish partner Furkan Gökçöl gave a name "Hangeldiyev" to our agency.
100 years ago, my great great-grandfather and his partner created 5 advertising principles, and we still use them in our agency:
• In advertising, there's no point in creativity if it doesn't sell.
• Intelligence of consumers should never be underestimated.
• Discipline is vital in advertising.
• If you don't have confidence in product, you can't sell it.
• Don't try to sell immediately, first, provide service.